January 5, 2010

Free

A lost and deserted path never trekked.
The boy, one foot after another, trying to find his way home.
All alone for straying off the path. The adventure wanted, not met.
A green canvas paints the sky and no light is shown.

Marched on and on for days and nights.
Growing weaker and weaker with each breath.
Searching and searching and finally a beam of light!
The beacon of hope. Sun and body met.

Dazing up in the sky. Overwhelmed by fear.
To the left. To the right nothing there, but blue and white.
An echoing call and the sun disappeared.
Moving in circles. the shadow is in flight.

The heavenly creature soars high from the clouds and low to the top of every tree.
One foot at a time the boy got lost, but now the man sees.
" To you I'm lost, and I may never make it back home, but I am free. I can see the path perfectly. It's the one the bird takes high above the trees. The one I take with my hands together, bowed to my knees. It's the path i choose for me!"

More lost and deserted paths to never be trekked.
One foot after the other, more of us will be lost.
But the bird is better free then kept.
The main trail is safer, but our way is worth the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment